Friday, October 23, 2009

Thank goodness it is Friday!!

I thought Friday would never get here! We did not accomplish as much as I would have liked to this week, but then again I seem to over plan the week so maybe that is the problem. B and I have started reading the Hobbit and so far it has been interesting. Our discussions seem to get off track a little at times and I remind myself that we are not doing public school we are doing school our way and it ahs worked so far so we will continue as is. He started World War 1 in history this week and is reading Albert Marrin's book The Yanks Are Coming. I think he is learning because everyday he has something new to tell me. Algebra is coming along nicely. Math has always been hard for him but since we switched to MUS he seems to understand it better. Compostion is going rather well. I had him read one of Andersons fairytales and then the next day write it in his own words and I was rather impressed with it. There were some minor grammatical mistakes but over all it was quite good.Biology is well just Biology. He is on track and seems to be enjoying it. We are doing vocabualry with his literature reading right now and this seems to work pretty well. I am thinking about having him start Vocabulary Cartoons after the first of the year but we'l see. I am sure that I have skipped something but this is about all I have time for today as I need to get back to cleaning the house.
Enjoy your journey!!
Gloria

No comments: